Restaurants and bars – our own Restaurant Guide
Genoa boasts an incredible variety of restaurants and bars that cater to every palate, making it the perfect destination for a delightful culinary adventure. From time-honored establishments that have been around for generations to trendy new spots serving innovative and unique dishes, there’s always something exciting to discover and savor in this vibrant city.
Many of these dining venues, particularly the smaller and more intimate ones, prioritize quality slow-food and create enjoyable atmospheres for their guests. You can expect to find fresh, locally-sourced ingredients prepared with care, allowing you to truly taste the essence of Genoa.
To help you navigate this vast culinary landscape and make your stay even more enjoyable, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite restaurants and bars in Genoa. When you open this blog page fully, you’ll find a range of recommendations to suit a variety of tastes and preferences. Whether you’re a seafood lover, a fan of traditional Ligurian dishes, or eager to explore the latest gastronomic creations, there’s sure to be something that tickles your fancy.
In Genoa, Italy, typical restaurant opening hours for lunch are from 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM, while dinner service usually starts around 7:30 PM and goes until 10:00 PM. However, these timings can vary depending on the establishment. It is common for restaurants to close one day of the week.
Booking in advance is recommended, especially for popular or high-end restaurants and during weekends or holidays. Making a reservation at least a few days in advance can help you secure a table and avoid disappointment. Some local, family-run trattorias and osterias may not require reservations, but it’s still a good idea to call ahead and check.
So go ahead and dive into the rich and diverse food scene that Genoa has to offer. With my suggestions as your guide, you’re bound to uncover some unforgettable dining experiences that will leave you with cherished memories of your visit.
Of course, this is only our personal suggestion and feel free to find any new spot to discover.
And many more restaurants
Other convenient and interesting restaurants in town to discover are:
- Cavour 21, Piazza Cavour 21r, 16128, Genova Tel 3938511140 – known for the best pesto in the world. Very conveniently priced.
- Irish Pub, Vico della Croce Bianca, 39/r, 16123 Genova Tel 0100985326 – Pizza made in wood oven, with a great selection of beer
- Mangiabuono, Vico Vegetti 3/R, 16123 Genova Tel. 010-250501 – excellent local kitchen.
- Trattoria delle Grazie, Via delle Grazie, 48r, 16128 Genova – Tel 010-8698240, Italian, Fish, Mediterranean
- Trattoria Da Gianna, Vico della Camelle, 26r, 16128 Genova – Tel 010-2468659m Italian, Fish, Mediterranean
- A Cornabuggia, Piazza del Carmine 10r, 16127 Genova – tel 0102462447 – Tipical Genovese dishes
- Da Gaia, Vico dell’Argento, 16124 Genova Tel 0102461629 – Ligurian Specialties in a special atmosphere
- Sciuscia & Sciorbi, 25 Aprile, 32r, Genova Tel 348-8391924 – Pizza of a special kind
- Il Pasto di Varsavia, Via San Donato, 13, Genova, Tel 342 1438384 to eat differently – try the Gulash their speciality
- Bottega del Conte, Via delle Grazie, 47, Genova, Tel 010 2468356 a Bar for a wonderful discovery
- Trattoria Ugo, Via dei Giustiniani, 86, 16123 Genova Tel 010 246 9302 – Typical local food – booking required
- La Sosta degli Artisti, Via di S. Donato, 55, 16123 Genova Tel 010-24666149 – Pizza of high quality
- Osteria San Matteo, Piazza San Matteo 4 / 5, 16123 Genova Tel 010-2473282 – Excellent for it’s rich selection of food and wine.
- Caffé degli Specchi, Salita Pollaiuoli 43, 16123 Genova, Tel 010-256685 – For breakfast, a good lunch or a great aperitif in liberty style rooms
- Da Maria, Vico Testadoro 14 r, Genova, Tel 010-581080 – The traditional attraction – a place to experience the joy of food as a port worker
- Beluga, Via Jacopo da Levanto 15, 16123 Genova Tel 349-6688098 The place where to enjoy quality fish, cous cous
Discover the square of Piazza di Lavagna and Piazza delle Erbe, where the evening is young even late at night, with the many tables outside, to enjoy a drink or something to eat.